Saturday, April 14, 2018

Summer Flower Hanging Mandala | Posh pooch Designs

How To Make A
Summer Flower Hanging Mandala
By Sara Sach of
The Summer Flower Hanging Mandala is Made from 
left over yarn from  Caron Chunky Cakes yarn, 
and a 14 inch wooden hoop I got from a
 Garage Sale about 10 years ago.
This New Piece of Yarn Art is going to look wonderful 
in my Yarn Studio. I love the simplicity of it.
I didn't change colors, used the colors as they came.

What You Need To Make One:
Yarn - Caron Chunky Cakes about 3 - 4 oz.
 Crochet Hook - K /6.50MM
14 inch Wooden Embroidery Hoop
Yarn Needle
Hot Glue Gun and Glue

Size: 14 inches

I used my Pattern for the Summer Flower
 Doily at this LINK

I crocheted the Flower exactly the same, only I used the Chunky yarn and K hook, And  I added 2 more Rows before the trim.

 Adding an additional chain between the corners and
 single crochet, for each row.

I then laid the Summer Flower A cross the inside hoop, 
and slid on the out side hoop.

Making sure the corners of the flower were between the hoops.

I used Hot glue to seal the hoops together, by placing a 
bead of glue along the seam, around the back of the hoops.
I pressed them together with my fingers for a few seconds.
I threaded a piece of the yarn and tacked together each 
petal of the flower around the hoop.

The last thing I did was make a chain about 25 chains 
long and attach it to the top of the hoop.

I made sure the Glue was dry and I hung it it up!

I love how it turned out.

You can add fringe, tassels or whatever you like to dress 
it up, But I like it just as it is.

No comments: